Litigation, Arbitration and ADR
LGM’s litigation department is second to none among Italian law firms, employing attorneys with over fifteen years of experience in all areas of civil and commercial law. Litigation counts for a relevant percentage of the firm’s work and is central to the firm’ s culture.
LGM has the resources to manage complex national and cross-border litigation in all areas of corporate law as well as litigation resulting from the spate of recent laws establishing remedies against companies.
LGM provides assistance in the management of relationships in the pre-litigation phase, evaluating the “merits” of the dispute, as well as in ordinary and special judicial proceedings, national and international arbitration. Alternative Dispute Resolution with particular reference to arbitration, settlement and mediation.
The main fields of activity of the department are:
- corporate and commercial litigation
- litigation involving banks and financial brokers
- litigation in disputes related to tenders as well as to contracts
- property and personal damage claims, including product liability claims and recall campaigns
- insurance related disputes
- real estate and inheritance litigation
- debt collection – consumer credit
- disputes concerning employment relationships and commercial agency
assistance and representation of foreign clients in Italian trials.
The following are the main activities of LGM law firm in the litigation area:
- Strategic litigation analysis – The attorneys provide legal opinions in relation to potential liability, preliminary verification of the risk of litigation and preventive strategy to guarantee clients the best service in risk management at the global or regional level.
- Litigation and trials – The professionals represent foreign and Italian clients in corporate, civil, commercial, real estate, employment, environmental, IP proceedings, bankruptcy proceedings and directors liability.
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments – LGM professionals have significant experience in Italy in the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments under national law, European regulations and bilateral and multilateral conventions.
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution – LGM has considerable experience in domestic and international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. The Firm’s professionals work both as counsels and arbitrators in ad hoc and institutional arbitration, both in Italy and abroad. The department assists clients in drafting and negotiation of arbitration clauses, including in the context of contractual structures and multi-party disputes, in matters related to complex cross-border arbitration and enforcement in Italy of foreign awards.